SURGENT McCOY’S FEDERAL TAX CAMP
Both business and individual clients are affected by all of the tax changes
occurring in 2011, requiring the tax advisor to practice extensive tax
planning. Jack Surgent, the nation's #1 rated tax instructor, will update
you on the most important tax issues that require your attention in 2011,
but this course will also review the major trends and changes in the case
and regulatory law. Included is full coverage of all tax changes
together with continuing coverage of health care and estate and gift tax
- What are the latest issues on changes in the tax code
- The best tax planning ideas to consider now
- Retirement plans
- Capital gains: what tax rates apply and how to plan effectively
- Historic low interest rates: tax strategies clients should consider:
how long will they remain low?
- What the health care reform means now and in later years on income
- Does the new gift tax exclusion promote income shifting?
- Travel and entertainment: overlooked and overused?
- Substantiation: the Service's attack on record-keeping
- Other late-breaking tax law changes
- Practice aids, including the 2011 inflation-adjusted amounts, mileage
rates, and more
- The latest cases and rulings that have a practical impact for CPAs
- Recent developments with business entities, including C corporations,
S corporations, partnerships, and limited liability companies
- Understand strategies and techniques to use in light of tax rate changes
- Understand what pass-throughs can do in light of health care and tax
- Understand current cases and rulings affecting individuals and businesses
Designed For: CPAs who need to know the latest tax law changes in all areas of practice and who want to learn from the top tax instructor in the nation.
Level of Knowledge: Update
Prerequisites: Experience with individual and business clients