SURGENT MCCOYS 2012 TOP TEN TAX TOPICS
Each year brings its own hot button issues that emerge as areas of concern to the Service, taxpayers, and tax advisors. The purpose of this course is to identify the most important tax topics for 2012. Any recent tax legislation is covered in detail. CPAs can rely on this course to help them meet client demands about these practical issues and thereby increase billings.
- The ten tax topics that are at the forefront of tax and financial planning in the current year Topics will be determined on a late-breaking basis, but will likely include:
- Year-end tax planning in light of changing tax rates
- Preparing for possible tax reform in 2013
- Picking the right retirement plan
- Recognize and avoid the complicated issues of related party transactions
- What do you need to do for estate planning now?
- Basis, at-risk, and passive losses: what to watch out for
- The changing landscape of Social Security: new considerations
- Latest cases and rulings that have an impact
- Late-breaking tax legislation
- Whats hot for individual clients and small businesses
- Understand all of the implications of tax legislation taking effect concerning individual and business income tax
- Identify clients whose estate plans may need to be reviewed
- Distinguish what strategies used to work and now dont and what strategies and tactics may be effective in a changed environment
Designed For: All CPAs who want an in-depth discussion on the current tax issues that affect all clients
Level of Knowledge: Intermediate
Prerequisite: Three or more years of experience in planning for individual and business clients.
Advanced Preparation: None
Yellow Book: No
Field of Study: Taxes